Resources for Professionals
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED):
- Multidisciplinary association of academic and clinical professionals with demonstrated interest and expertise in field of eating disorders.
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP):
- AAAP's website provides information about the Academy, it's programs, publications, meetings, etc.
- American Academy of Health Care Providers in the Addictive Disorders:
- The American Academy is a non-profit credentialing organization devoted to maintaining quality standards for the provision of treatment in the addictive disorders.
- The American Anorexia Bulimia Association, Inc. (AABA):
- The AABA works to increase the public's consciousness of Eating Disorders - their prevalence, the early warning signs and symptoms.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM):
- ASAM is dedicated to educating physicians and improving the treatment of those suffering from alcoholism and other addictions.
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association, Inc. (EAPA):
- EAPA works to develop and maintain the best possible workplace relationships for people around the world.
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP):
- "Our association is dedicated to raising public awareness of addiction as a treatable disease; to promoting the very highest standards of addiction treatment; to securing adequate reimbursement for treatment programs; and to member education."
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC):
- Committed to increasing awareness of alcohol and drug abuse and enhancing care of individuals through treatment, education and prevention programs.
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD):
- National Center for Responsible Gambling:
- Mission is to help individuals and families affected by problem gambling disorders.
- National Council on Problem Gambling:
- Provides information regarding problem and pathological(compulsive) gambling.
- The National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity:
- Dedicated to promoting public and professional recognition, awareness and understanding of Sexual Addiction, Sexual Compulsivity, and Sexual Offending.
- North American Training Institute:
- Provides information regarding compulsive gambling prevention and treatment.
- Addiction Technology Transfer Center Program:
- Maintains a national network of centers for the purpose of improving the skill level of addiction treatment practitioners in a variety of disciplines.
- Addiction Treatment Forum:
- An educational site focusing on addiction issues, especially opiate addiction and treatment.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse (CCSA-CCLAT):
- Works to minimize the harm associated with the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
- Missouri Alcoholism Research Center (MARC):
- Research on etiology and course of alcohol problems and associated comorbidity in community samples of adolescents and youth.
- National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University (CASA):
- Information on the cost of substance abuse throughout society and its impact on our lives.
- Recovery Today:
- Monthly newspaper offering articles on addiction and treatment issues.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA):
- Supports and conducts research on causes, consequences, treatment and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol related problems.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA):
- Assures that quality substance abuse and mental health services are available to people in need and strives to ensure that prevention and treatment knowledge is used more effectively in the general health care system.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission (CARF)
Using This Guide |
Inpatient Profiles |
Outpatient Profiles |
Eating Disorder Programs |
Internet Resources |
Intervention Services |
Manager's Yellow Pages |
Professional Resources |
Guest Editorial |
Info for Facilities |